Reliving the "glory days"?

Does your DH/SO talk about the 'glory days' alot? is he always bringing up things he did when he was younger? or do YOU do it? I know its fun to remember the good 'ole days but sometimes it just gets old! I was a 'good girl' in high school and my dh was pretty much exactly the opposite, but somehow we hit it off and have been together for 10years. it just amuses and annoys me sometimes when he's always talking about parties he went to or things he did with his friends/cousins before he met me. He's not saying he wants to do them again, but it makes me feel like i missed out on so much cause I never did anything like that before i met him. And we never did 'bad' stuff together either...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• ugg Yes...FOOTBALL days!!! Lmao..i just wanna be like YOUVE TOLD ME THIS ONE HUNDRED TIMES, but it hurts my feelings if that gets said to me, so i just smile and listen....i know he was a great player made the papers and all..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• SO and I both do that. We were both pretty "wild" when we met. I guess we kind of settled each other down. He probably just is reminising. I wouldn't let it get to you.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No.

My husband is weird to many. He views his "glory days", as being right here right now.. The present is always his glory days, the past is nothing more than the past and fading memories.. He's very much a "in the moment", life is only in the present, life is all maya (illusion) kind of thinker.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No. Maybe it's because we don't have any glory days except the ones we've had together. We got married when I was 18 and he was 21, and that was almost 46 years ago.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Whats wrong with remembering good times?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010