S.A.T. help?

Does anyone know of a good SAT online/book study guide? My 17 yr old waited until the beginning of her senior yr to take the SAT and I'd like to give her something to help her prepare.
She's looking into some very good colleges and has the grades and acedemics that would get her in, but we need to have her SAT scores come in at around 1200.
Any suggestions?

momsbreak5654

Asked by momsbreak5654 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know about online, but I do know that Local Libraries have them to check out and study. S.A.T study books that is.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Kaplan
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• there are some commercial prep course available.My kids nor were we impressed except for a few tips.They both did very well and they think other things helped more.Now , today go to the SAT site and sign up for the vocab word of the day.Work on vocab easy memorization ,no understanding and pumps the english score.Then practice ,practice ,practice.There are sites and books to buy that will give timed scored tests.Some will explain why you missed something.When registering for the test pay for the scored returned test if offered.It will really help pinpoint weak areas.Our school offered a study course which was the most helpful.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Thank you for the tips! She waited to long, so she needs to ACE the tests. She's testing in Sept. and Oct., so she can do early admissions.
    momsbreak5654

Comment by momsbreak5654 (original poster) at 5:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• The high school my daughter attends has ACT and SAT prep classes, including a writing class for the SAT and college essays. Suggest that she contact her guidance counselor.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• There are ACT/SAT prep courses through Sylvan and Huntington Learning Centers. There are ACT/SAT prep books at the library or Barnes and Noble or other bookstores. Reading a dictionary will help with the vocab part, practice writing essays will help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2010