Bee sting...

I got stung on my palm the night before last.. it STILL hurts, itches like crazy, and it's all red and puffy. It feels better for a little while if I run it under cold water or put ice on it.. anything else I can do to it to help it feel better? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• Put a penny on it! I know sooo many people who have done it say it works. Just place it right on the sting for 15 minutes. They say it draws out the poison. It's worth a shot. If it lasts for a long time you should soak it just incase the stinger is not still inside! Good Luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If nothing else works, try baking soda. Every time I get stung I put wet baking soda on it. I think that draws out the sting or something, I'm not really sure. But my grandma always told me to do that when I was a kid, so that's what I do =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have also been told to do baking soda. Also, try taking some benadryl. It will help with the itching and burning. I would also take a little Ibuprofen for the puffiness and pain. Hope you feel better. Getting stung by a bee as a kid or and adult is NO fun!
    bbennington1

Answer by bbennington1 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• sounds gross but i know for a fact that chewing tobacco or just tobacco will make it better instantly. i got stung on my neck once and my brother took dip straight from his mouth and put it on my neck, yes it was disgusting but it felt better from the second it was on there. but either way the tobacco must be wet.
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008