I'm confused as to women taking these ovulation tests......

If you're young and healthy,doesn't getting pregnant come pretty easy? Whats with all the bells and whistles of testing your mucus and your temperature? Wasn't that more intended for NOT getting pregnant?? Sometimes I just want to scream "JUST DO IT"!! I think you are WAY overthinking the whole process. You get yourself all worried and its not going to happen. Anyone with me?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• some people lack patience & want to get pregnant right away & think they might get a little help with using an ovulation kit.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Most women I know only resort to those things when they don't have success in the first couple months of actively trying. It just helps with timing it a little better. Plus, can anyone ever know their body too well? I chart for pregnancy avoidance as well, but I must say, it's other benefit is knowing what the heck is going on in my body :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Well I know personally I am young and healthy but I do have PCOS. We tried for a couple years before a doctor figured out what was going on. I got on meds, charted and took ovulation tests to get pregnant and that still took a year.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 6:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010