anyone who has made it thru a custody battle

anyone in this group! has anyone been in a custody battle and they won temporary custody and when they went to court for permanent what happened? i have a lawyer. i won legal and phy. temporary custody when he has visitation. when we go to court for permanent what is most likely to happen? he has a record pretty thick with dui's and warrants and weapons. do you girls know if he pays his support and makes his visitation between now and court again will the judge say he has proven himself for a year? will they grant joint custody? has this happened to ANYONE? i just worry worry worry! i have done everything right and the courts haven't made me..so this just doesn't make sense..

Troy56

Asked by Troy56 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Joint custody only means he can have a say in how the child is raised. You can still retain sole physical custody with him having visitation only

Answer by admckenzie at 5:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have sole legal and physical and I find it amazing on how much I had to keep him informed of. Any doctor visits, any religion changes, all school documents. Cannot leave the state to go on vacation without informing him first. Even sole has its moments. I would ask your attorney what they think. If he has been super good and doing exactly what the judge has told him to do for a year, the judge might grant him joint, but with his record, he better be super clean right now.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010