have you used silicone bakeware?

if so what are the advantages to it, did you like it, worth the cost,etc? I want to invest in some cake/baking ware, but want to get something I will use and like.
thanks!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 5:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Tried, hated, got rid of. For cakes & other sweet baking, I've found that shiny metal pans work best. I "invested" in Wilton non-stick bakeware and am not totally fond of it. I have bought a few of Wilton's light silver colored baking pans and they are nice. But I guess it really depends what kind of baking you're looking for. My favorite basic cake & sheet pans are from a school-supply company but are identical to some that Wal-Mart sells, and for special cakes I definitley prefer the light colored Wilton.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I threw mine away. I didn't like it but did like the silicon bake sheet to put on the rack to keep things from burning or sticking to the bottom of other bakeware. I went back to using glass bakeware. I like it better than anything else.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• yes, i bought myself a silicone mini-loaf pan (does 8 mini-loaves) a couple years ago and it works REALLY well. the only problem i've had is getting it clean. I didnt' wash it right away or didn't get all the grease/oil out right away and used it again and it kind of burned on the bottom, like it turned black and it doesn't come off :P It still works great and i really love it but it can be hard to clean. I bought it mostly for making banana bread cause that is my specialty and the mini-loaves are easier and don't take as long to make but i've also used it for mini cakes and for meatloaf and other stuff as well :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I like the Corningware French White bakeware. I cook a lot.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• thanks everyone!
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2010