Allergy. . . .

I just recently learned that my DD is allergic to Amoxocillin. I had to wear a bracelet when I was younger, I was allergic to Penecillin, but that was when I was old enough to keep in on. She would not keep a bracelet on for anything right now! She's only two. Is there anything else they can do just incase there is an emergency, and I'm knocked out or something?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son has been allergic to Amoxicillian since he was 1. It has never been suggested to me that he wear a bracelet or any other identifying tag.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm allergic to Amoxicillin, Pennecillin, Suprax, Biacin, Supha Drug, latex, and Codeine and I've survived. If there were an accident of sorts where no one was able to be contacted before treatment (i.e. mother, father, grandparent, etc) the odds of him needing Amoxicillin or slim to none. Almost every time your child will need an antibiotic, he will just have a typical childhood illness and you'll be at the pediatrician's office with him. Accidents and emergencies usually require stitches or setting broken bones. In a super rare situation in which he may perhaps need an antibiotic and you are not conscious to tell them of his allergy, he will be in a hospital setting and they will see the reaction will fast, administer treathment, and change antibiotics.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I hate not being able to edit posts. Holding baby now, pleas forgive the typos.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Lol.
    Amber211

Comment by Amber211 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010