do you ever get over the hate

do you ever get over the hate for the bio dad? i fake it for the sake of my baby but i hate him. i hate him for taking my baby into a whole different world. he thinks he is a good dad but he just disrupts the whole routine of my babies life..ugggggg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• YOU HAD SEX WITH HIM! Unless he raped you, you chose him. Sorry but you made your bed!
    Anonymous

• My ex who fathered my 11 year old is now serving 53 years for child porn. hate does not begin to cover the emotions i feel
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Find a way to leave it behind. Hate only eats YOU up inside. It has little to no effect on the one it is directed at. Your child will pick up on the hate too. Be a bigger person than he is. Just do what you know you have to do to make the best life possible for your little one. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Oh yeah I do that a lot as well, but so far my son's dad has been there for him, and I'm very thankful for that because my son was starting to become rebellious and not doing well in school, but since his dad has gotten to the point where he checks up on him everyday, I now see that my son is doing better. I guess getting over the hate of the bio dad will weaken eventually because you have to think about the child, and what you can do as well to make things better.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• sati769leigh so sorry you're going through that. This gotta be very tough for you guys. You can do it though because you know in your heart that you tried to do what was right, and sometimes that may not be enough.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Since hate requires me to actually FEEL something for him.. yes, I moved past it. I am now feeling nothing towards XH. Disinterest, whatever you want to call it. I would get SO mad at him (he's f*ing stupid) but you know what? Now, I dont care. Yeah, he blames me for EVERYTHING (6 years after I left him) from not notifying him of court (helloooo change your address with the post office or at least TELL me you moved) to him not seeing his son (when I say "call before you come" it's not b/c I want to get prettied up, its because I want to be able to make sure he's going to be home, dumbass...) to the fact that it hasn't rained in 2 weeks (whatever... blame me. I'm the source of all your problems.)
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• thank you @ ambr its been a hard road and a good year in in intensive therapy. LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010