I hate people!!! VENT adult content

I live in an apartment complex that is very close together. It has very poor insulation so you can hear other people in their apartments, not to mention its summer so our windows are open 24/7. This guy in one of the apartments today said to me, I was sitting at my table with my two kids eating dinner and he was outside getting into a car, "why dont you quit yelling you physco mom!" Do I yell at my kids, yes, not that loud but in these apartments I guess you could say yes. I only yell at them, or scold is a better word, when they are doing something they arent suppose to. Its a lot better than spankings. I am kinda strict so I guess I do it a lot, but my 2yr old never listens when I tell her not to do something. anyways this frustrated me soo much. I'm trying to do my best raising my children and this jerk wants to put me down! I just hate some people!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hear ya, I would have been angry too. He should MYOB in this case. I hate apartment living for that very reason, everyone gets up in your business. I lived in one for a long time with my kids and I could hear others with their kids, spouses, friends, affairs etc. I knew what everyone was doing and with who, not because I was nosy but because it was easy to hear and know. Good luck and just ignore the nosey-rosey-I don't have a life of my own people =) Keep on smilin!!
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Try to ignore him. He probably doesn't even have kids. What a jerk!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Aww, I hate people too! You handled it better than I would have.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm sorry he judged you. All that matters is that you know you're not a psycho mom - who cares what that loser thinks, KWIM?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Screw him!! At least you care enough to discipline your kids!!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 6:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010