Would you leave your pets in quarantine?

My husband wants to take a job in Australia and I would love to move there except for my 2 pugs would have to be quarantined (?) for 30 days. I can't do that to them and my husband doesn't understand. What would you do?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 1:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pets

• Sorry, but what will they do in quarantine? I would want to know every single detail about it and then I would make my decision. If it seemed as though they would get attention and they could stay together, I would do it. It would be worth it in the end, although it would be very sad.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 6:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would go with my husband. You have a choice to make, you can move, and have your whole family together after a month and for all the years after that, or you can stay and not have to be away from your dogs, but not be with your hubby for however long he's going to be there. Or you can tell hubby not to take the job and stay there and risk him feeling resentment later on. I think you and your hubby need to sit down together and have a long talk and weight each option and figure out what's going to work best for you. Good luck!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would do it... take the job and quarantine the animals....

Yes it would be hard, but the alternative for me would suck a whole lot more.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• are the dogs more important than hubby, if yes then you have bigger problems than quarantine. you can visit the dogs in quarantine
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 1:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Agreed with the above posters. I would put the dog's into quarantine. You can visit them there, and hell, you would get to move to Australia!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well, I didn't know you could visit them so that helps a lot.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 2:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i would! you can make it up to them after they get out.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2008