I'm so lonely!

DH is in Germany and I don't have any friends. Nearly all my friends from high school have moved away. And although we still keep in touch on Facebook i still don't have anyone to hang out with. There are a few that are still in town. But they already have friends that they make plans with regularly and so usually when i invite them to something i get turned down. :( And no one invites me anywhere.
I am not shy! i strike up conversation in the library with other moms, i talk to people during the boys' activities ...
but somehow ...i just don't have any friends.
:(

I don't know what to do.
Anyone else have this problem?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes all the time. I was a teen mom so I got married and had children while most of my friends were in school. Like you I found a lot of old friends on facebook. I try to make plans with some people but a lot of the time plans fall through so my days are spent taking care of 5 children a house and juggling online college. I try to talk to people when I am out and about. But it just don't happen. I have a few friends but we get together once in a while. Just not enough for me. I am home bored all the time. I drive hubby nuts sometimes because I want to have adult conversation and talk his ear off.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That sucks, I'm so sorry. Have you contacted the base to meet up with other military moms? A friend of mine did, and found some wonderful freindships with people that understood exactly what she was going through.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The best place to find a friend is with the moms in the kids activities. Not everyone will be your best friend but maybe try setting up a playdate with one of the kids and their moms.

Sorry you feel this way!hugs

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• aww honey sorrry!! but ditto what scruba said
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I live 3 hours away from the nearest base. :(
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Church is a wonderful place to make friends. Moms day out programs. Day trips to nearby attractions. Moms of all ages, even old ones like me who have finished raising their children and who can offer all kinds of help to young lonely moms.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't really need help. My MIL will give me all the help i need if i ask. (bless her heart).

...i just need a friend. :(
    and church is a good social place. But i'm not Christian.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Hi, my hubby is in the military so we've moved far from all of the friends that I'd known/had forever. I know how you're feeling. I finally got used to the last area we were in and made tons of friends for myself and my son, then we moved again. Anyway, I love meetup.com, have you tried it? You can join groups based on your location and interest. ;) Good luck.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i've tried meetup.com

small town. aint much goin on here. :(
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i jioned the local eagles club. plus i go to church. but i know what you mean, noone invites me out either.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2010