9 year saw porn sites

My dd is starting 4th grade next month. I saw in the internet history that she was looking at some porn sites. I think it was an accident as she may have been going to ask.com and went to ass.com instead and then clicked on other sites from there. I have no idea how to approach this. Help! Please help me before I talk to her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would simply come out and ask her. "Hey, I was trying to get somewhere on the computer and this is what I saw... Where you looking at this stuff? Why?" If you're open with her and honest, she will be too. I would just ask her and find out what was going on there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would try putting a block on the computer for those type of sites. also may want to watch her more carefully on the computer. you can never be too safe!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree with both of the first two answers. Bring it up to her first and talk about it... and after that, put a block on the computer so that it doesn't happen again.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• This actually happened to me too, and I just came out and asked. I wouldn't make it a huge deal, to start accusing but bring it up more out of curiousity. My son stumbled on it when going to youtube I believe. He was even able to show me what happened. If she did it more out of curiousity its time to talk about what she saw, if it was innocent mistake I'd look to block those sites and let her know you understand and talk about being more careful.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• very good advice ladies, first i would just talk to her to get a feel of why she was there, like other moms have said it may have been a mistake
    No_Worries

Answer by No_Worries at 7:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• hi I've used this site a few times to help learn about internet safety: www.netsmartz411.org - it has questions answered and you can ask a question. I has a situation where my son googled something innocent, but got porn. I learned on this site that happens a lot to kids, especially when they are younger. Hope this helps!
    HanneJ

Answer by HanneJ at 1:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2010