What are your favorite wintertime meals?

I'm in the process of planning our FOFFC (Fun Old Fashioned Family Christmas) and I'm trying to get some of the meals planned out. Many of our extended family will be here for about 9 days over the holidays so I want to provide some good home-cooked meals but nothing too complicated since I'll be cooking for many. What are some of your favorite breakfasts, lunches and dinners?
Thanks!

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 6:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• mmmmm, definitly homemade chicken and dumplings, OMG, I could eat that everyday in the winter time.
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Soups of any kind with a batch of cornbread muffins. Hearty, filling and good! Chili is good, too! Love the breakfast casseroles that you can put together the night before and just bake in the mornings. There are tons of hearty casseroles that can be made ahead and frozen, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Chilli, Beef Bourginon with Sour Dough bread, French Toast,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• French toast and sausage is always good on a cold winter's day.

I love chicken and noodles. Boil a chicken then take it out and let cool. In the chicken broth, cook egg noodles. Drain most but not all of the broth, add the noodles back in the remaining broth. Make 2-3 packs of chicken gravy and mix in with the noodles. Pick all the meat off the chicken bones and add it to the noodle mixture. That's comfort food to me.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Posole or Menudo is a good winter time meal, we eat it alot for Football sundays :D Just a package of frozon Posole or 'hominy' in the crockpot and add either diced pork meat or tripe (pig stomach) and some seasonings :) cook on high for about 4-5 hours or overnight on Low as long as u have enough water for it not to dry out. My husband is not a fan of Menudo (with the tripe or some people add lots of other stuff) but we all love the posole with just diced pork meat. Always heard that it is a cure for a hangover too so if your family likes to 'endulge' during the holidays this would be perfect for the next day :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010