Anyone have a 16 week u/s.....

and did the tell you the gender of the baby and were they correct? Yesterday we got a full blown "crotch shot" of baby and she said it was a girl and showed us the three line "rule" they go by.

HippieChick14

Asked by HippieChick14 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didnt, but my friend had one WAYYY before that and they were right. Any ultrasound is not guaranteed regardless of how much money you spend on them... but they CAN determine it before that, if the ultrasoudn tech or the doctor is really great at what he does, s/he can determine the babys gender. :) And if they could point out that little rule then im sure theyre correct. :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My ultra sound was at 20 weeks. They said that it could not be determined before 18 weeks. I had a girl and saw the "three lines" lol and they were right. But that stuff is NEVER garanteed! If you have to know for decorating purposes then wait a little while and go to a specialist (not covered by insurance) and get a 4D u/s. They are amazing! It's worth the money! Good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• we went at 18 weeks (more like 17) and it took the chick 15 minutes! to find these "three dots" she seemed so unsure of her self, then when i questioned her on it she changed and was positive... thanks to our moving to a diff. city and getting a new ob they have to do their own u/s but for now were just on the fence...
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 2:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I had several U/S starting at 16 weeks. The tech told me it was a girl and the Dr confirmed. Everytime thereafter when I would have another one I would ask. Always the same answer. They were right. After having two precious boys I was happy to see living proof on Sept 13, 2007 that she was indeed a girl. (smile)
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Thank you ladies!! :) Good thing I have a little girl name picked out!
    HippieChick14

Answer by HippieChick14 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2008