How do I tell sil no?

Sil was invited to a sweet 16 from one of her former students at her school. She got the invite in May and was supposed to go with a guest. Fastforward to today she calls last minute to invite to tag along and I really do not want to go at all! So I said that I was waiting for an invite from one of my son's parents to go out to dinner. Help. I really was going out but did not make definite plans yet . Any advice as to what to say to sil?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• You already told her you were waiting to hear back about plans, so tell her they called and set the plans in stone. Don't feel bad about it!
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• How about, "Sorry, but I already have plans." You don't even have to say what the plans are--they are just plans.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• "Sorry, I know you want company, but I'm just not comfortable going, and besides, (DH, DD, DS, loved one ofyour choice) asked for a cuddle night that night."
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 6:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would just say no, tell her that you have other plans. If she is upset about that, just remember that she will get over it.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 6:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Just say "Oh, sorry, but I already have plans..." She really shouldn't think the world revolves around her and think everyone is waiting to jump whenever she snaps her fingers. I dont like people like that.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

This exactly.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'd say I'm not interested in going

Answer by admckenzie at 7:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would just tell her you realyl dont wanna go or that you really need to get some things done.
    ilovemykids323

Answer by ilovemykids323 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010