HOw do I get my 2 year old to listen?

My dd is 2 and I just had another baby, 6 months. Since then she has been very hard to handle. I can't even go to the restroom without worring if she is going to get into something or climb in the baby's bed or anything. She is out of control and it makes me exosted buy the end of the day. She even hits and screams and pinches, etc. Everything you can possably think of. My oldest dd was never like that. I guess that goes to show all kids are differant. Please help!!! What can I do to get her under control?

blue_eyedmomma3

Asked by blue_eyedmomma3 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• Try to spend some more one on one time with her. It sounds like she is screaming out for your attention. It's hard with a new baby I know, but try to get someone to take the little one so you can be alone with the 2yr old. Do "big girl" things that the baby can't possibly do. That'll make her feel special and she'll act out less. When she's in the midst of an outburst, you can try to put the baby down and get down low to her level. Get close to her speak calmly and don't yell, make eye contact and let her know that her behavior doesn't fly! Explain that you love her too much to let her hurt herself or others or destroy things. Hold her in a bear hug until she calms down. Your baby might be screaming to be fed, but you have to deal with this 2 yr old before she gets anymore out of control. I'm so sorry Mom. Kids take so much energy we don't even have! Good luck!!!

shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have to agree with the above comment. Another thing you can try in all this is to allow her to help you with the baby, with simple things of course. This way she feels apart and not left out. Good luck my friend, oh yea this to shall pass.............;o)
    mindylynn49

Answer by mindylynn49 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2008