I am so upset right now =( vent. adult content

I told dh that we need to be having sex every other day so we have a better chance concieving and he seemed fine with the idea. i just got off the phone with him though and was telling him after the movie we can ..you know.. and said "dear, i'm really tired tonight" well i tried explaining to him that if we really want to try that we need to try every other night up unil my period and not just the once or twice a week like we have been. He says "sorry" i'm like "its never gonna happen if we don't do this" ..he says .."what do you want me to do" i say "i told you what i want you to do" am i wrong? i even told him that it doesnt have to be good sex..he can just pop one in one minute if he wants to. He said that even makes him tired. WTF is his problem!!! How can a quicky make you tired if i'm gonnna do all the work? I hope he has changed his mood before he gets home. thanks if you read my vent.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sure you want to concieve very badly but the pressure might be too much for him.... so just relax, get both you guys in the mood and enjoy eachother, it will come much easier that way... GL!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I can't imagine how frustrating it is and how badly you want to conceive..., BUT if you make conceiving a child the highest and only reason for having sex and pushing your husband into it for that reason, you are going in the WRONG direction. Sex is an amazing special thing between you and your husband to draw the two of you closer together. If you have a child out of it, great..., but don't use that as the reason and don't pressure him like that. He has needs too!! You need to respect his wishes and if you want sex from him, do it because you want to be close to him and do it for THAT reason only!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• OK so when he comes home blow off the movie and give him a massage instead. Apologize for getting snippy and then just let it go. Maybe the massage will get him more in the mood. But no still means no. It sounds as if sex is becoming more of a chore than a desire and it shouldn't. My advice would be to stop trying to conceive and start enjoying being together. Put your focus back on how much you love him rather than getting pregnant.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• sorry honey about your frustration but just as a woman has a right to say no, so does a man.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Been there! After I had a meltdown I stopped asking for sex to conceive. I told him I wanted to do it just bcuz. Took off da pressure and it helps his swmmers. Get da book, takIng charge of ur fertility. Pay attention to ur cervical fluid and ttc then. Good luck.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My husband and I decided not to try but to just let it happen. At first we had fun with it but then I started getting pretty intense with a baby on the brain and suddenly...he started backing off. I realized I was stressing over nothing...once I let myself relax... boom! Husband relaxes, too. Personally, I would not feel very sexy if my man only wanted to have sex with me because I had something he needed. I can imagine men feel the same & do not want to be used as a work horse. Try a sweeter approach, tell him how sexy he makes you feel and how good he looks. Make it about love, romance, sex. Just save the baby talk until after and keep flattering him.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 7:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• just let it happen be patient
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Pay attention to ur cervical fluid and ttc then

tried that..my periods arent regular so i thought we could try every other day just to have a better chance.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• momofonelilguy..i do agree with you but we both agreed well over a year ago that this is what we wanted. I've been having problems with being able to predict my ovulation and this is why i want to take this route. I'm just feeling like he is not fully committed
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• well i've already ruined it now because i was so mean to him and now i'm sure he is going to be in his sassy mood for the next 3 days. I just feel like screaming.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010