My daughter has horribal gas! Gas drops aren't helping at all...what to do?

I've tried gas drops, they don't help at all....i'm burping her every ounce to 2 ounces when I feed her...and when she's screaming with gas, I hold her on my arm on her stomache so I can put pressure on it...and i rub her back. I try to comfort her...but it's really hard to get her gas out! Any other moms know some tips or strategies I could use?

mafia_mama08

Asked by mafia_mama08 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had this problem about 3 weeks ago, now, after his bottle we give him an ounce of warm water, then if nothing, rectal thermometer helps, they will pass alot, if you are breastfeeding, i stopped eating anything dairy, milk, cheese, yogurt etc, and that has helped with his gas, if you are using formula or even mixing, try a soy based formula, due to milk formula can even bring on the gas, you didnt mention how old your daughter is, if she is under 3 months, it will pass very soon. They are in the learning phase of bearing down, also, try crunching up her legs to her chest and that will help, first time my bf did that to our son, he gagged from the smell but it worked and out boy had a great smile as if to say thanks, i needed that
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My daughter had horrible, screaming gas as an infant, too. The drops didn't help. I was nursing and by chance had someone suggest that she may be lactose intolerant - so I cut ALL dairy out of my diet and the problem got better.

When I switched her to formula we had the same problem again so I switched to soy formula but that made it worse. I ended up using Similac Lactose Free formula and she was fine.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my lil girl is gasy to and this is what i been doing and i so much agree with the leg part i do this one at night and she sleep great now but hubby would forget and she would be hurting...
    Anonymous

• My son takes Emfamil Gentlease. I do the Parents Choice brand but its the same thing. Try it. Its meant for fussiness and gas. He spit up really bad so I had to change his formula.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2008