Vaccination Question

I have question that i have been wondeing about. Why is people oppt to not get there kids vaccinations? this is just a question i have seen alot women say it i guess i don't understand it. If you wish not to say than don't get pissy about it i really don't know. i mean don't you have to have it done when thay start school? i have never seen it done so someone just explain it to me. NO BASHING PLEASE. i really don't know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you get legally exempted your kids can still attend school even without vaccinations. some parents believe vaccinations are potentialy harmful and that that potential outweighs any benefits. I selectively and stagger vaccinate. no combined vaccinations. and i take a pass on certain ones.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You can get an exemption from vaccines to start your kids in school. Vaccines are not mandatory and i would never live in a place where the government thinks it's okay to require vaccines for all citizens. ...There's just something wrong about the government forcing people to inject things inside them.
    Vaccines are filled with toxins and other non desirable ingredients. There has not been enough research on vaccines for my comfort level. And those are the reasons why i do not vaccinate my children.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had all 4 of my kids vaccinated according to the recommended schedule. Many ppl now think there are adverse reactions to the vaccines such as Autism and such. But, my kids are all 18yrs to 33yrs. Not a one of them suffered from the vaccines. Yes, schools do require them. Our school threatened to suspend my boys one time for a vaccine the doctor had forgotten to document on the school records. But, we got that straightened out right away.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Some people choose not to have it done because of the research they do on it. There is conflicting research out there just like anything else. They have taken thermosole out of most shots. Some people do it because they don't want something foreign going into their child. Or simply some people just wait to do them until they are older. When a child starts school they can fill out a form that says they opted out of the shots for religious or allergic reasons.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it is good to ask!
    some people just assume they know why others choose not to vaccinate!
    We do not believe it is healthy to have known toxins injected into the blood of our children.
    We believe that the immune system that God gave them is the best and most effective way to prevent disease.
    We also believe that quality medical care is more readily available to everyone, so secondary infections can be treated.
    We believe that with a clean water supply for everyone, handwashing alone can cut way back on diseases.
    We do not believe that they lead to better health.
    my husband is blind in his right eye from his six month shots.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• specialwingz.
    the amount of vaccines given when i was a child (i'm 23) is substantially less the the number of vaccines they now want to impose on my childrens generation. Not to mention that you really don't know of the vaccines effected your children or not. possible side effects include things like allergies, asthma, diabetes, and more.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Actually, public schools cannot deny educating your kids. Vaccinations are NOT required. If you choose not to vaccinate your kids, you simply have to fill out a form.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My children are vaccine free. After being injured by a vaccine myself, doing the research and getting all the information I could, it became hard for me to understand why anyone would choose to vaccinate. For us, the risks of vaccines weren't worth the proposed benefits. As we continued to do more and more research we found that not only did vaccines carry dangerous risks and most of the advertised "benefits" are not backed up by science or medical facts... My children have never been exposed to vaccines and are much healthier than any of my friends kids who were!
    As for school, there are no laws which actually require vaccination, what laws are in place all have room for exemption although the reason for exemptions which are excepted vary from state to state.

My reasons and research are more than I can put here... But I have a page on my site dedicated to it.
    http://sabrinambowen.webs.com/antivaccinemovement.htm

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• There are harmful effects of some of these vaccinations on small children. I went through with the vaccinations on my children, but some children have really adverse reactions to the live viruses that are part of these vaccinations.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I selectively vaccinate and only those that I deem necessary. Rotovirus, flu, chickenpox are unnecessary. an adult shoud get chickenpox vaccine if they don't have natural immunity. heb B should be given at puberty. MMR will likely wait until age 4 or 5 because then you only need one dose. Measles is not deadly, neither is mumps. Both are serious in adults not children. (rubella should be given to girls at puberty not babies). Prevnar and HiB is likely going to do the same thing over use of antibiotics did to create superbugs. I am waryof them and they should only be used for at risk groups IMO. Vaccination doesn't even guarantee immunity...some people never become immune no matter how many vaccines they get. Immuity is assumed...not known. That leaves IPV and DTaP...we did DTap (2 doses starting 6 months, 9 months) for the tetanus component in our situation was important.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010