Does your bounce dryer sheet leave marks on dark clothes?

I've noticed that it seems to leave streak marks on a couple pairs of my black pants. The other day I washed a black skirt after wearing it to church. It also came out with the black streaks on it. Does anybody else have the same problem? How do I get it to quit other than not use it?

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Is it maybe because when the dryer stops, the article of clothing is laying on it for a period of time (be it short or long)? That's all I can think of. I don't use that stuff so it's just a guess.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It's because they use lard on the sheets, it can leave grease marks on the clothes. You could make your own. Dilute fabric softener with water, 1 part softener to 5 parts water, and put some rags in it. Wring a rag out as well as you can then pop it in the dryer. Method makes a wet dryer sheet that is lard-free too, easier than making your own but more expensive.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I dont use bounce dryer sheets, i use the one that sticks to the side of the dryer for like 2 months and then you replace it! Good luck, i have never heard of bounce sheets doing that
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Ok, so now I feel silly, I meant to put on there the bounce dryer stick...tried to edit it and wouldn't let me edit. I use the bounce bar and it's doing it to the black clothes. Original poster.
    Sue41

Comment by Sue41 (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had that happen before...you can usually tell when it's going to happen...it's like the sheet has too much stuff on it...I've cut it in half before and reused an old sheet and it helped.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2010