Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


what do i have to do to get maternity leave. my supervisor said that she needs something from a doctor but i receive medical care from a midwife. what am i suppose to give my supervisor..a letter from my midwife?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (4)
  • yup

    Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • Does your midwife have a doctor that she works under? I would ask her, but I don't see why the midwife can't give the same info.

    Answer by Sue41 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • Well sure. A midwife is a medical professional as well. All I needed was the paperwork they gave me stating I was pregnant and when I was due. Good luck momma and congrats!

    Answer by EthansMom519 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • My midwife wrote my letter when I took leave from college during pregnancy.

    Answer by Erin814 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.