Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

there is no way right

gotta friend who i care about - her kid has ADD and i made a comment that he was hyper. she kind of stopped talking to me. she has her right. i still care though. story is that she fled from the father of her child... he was abusive he cheated and did not love her. something weird happened to her child when she took a personal vacation and left the child with him. she ran without reporting that.

my beef is now that they havent seen the kid since she fled. didnt even ask. but the women he cheated with and him want custody of the kid. there is no way? there are no drugs, she works hard and is in school. just cuz he knocked the other girl up and is gunna marry her...

yea i dun wanna hear that she looses her kid because he has more presentation.. ie a better lawyer..


Asked by MoMoFu at 7:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 19 (7,735 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Sometimes unfortunately, a better lawyer does make a difference. Did she run with a court order for him to see the kid? If she went against a court order than she could be in trouble.


    Answer by Cindy18 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • wait does she have custody or is she kidnapping the child right now?

    Answer by sati769leigh at 7:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • no from what i know nothing was ever done. he sent her letters blaming her and accusing her of abusing him. the laywer she had agreed that that was funny.

    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • hmm i dont think for months and months that it was anything like kidnapping.

    she always told me she was scared of the lengths he would go to so he wouldnt have any finical responsibility - like go for full custody even if he doesnt really care for the child

    Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • If she can prove he was abusive to her than she probably has a good case on her side. Plus, they're not going to take a child away from the primary care provider if she is doing everything she's supposed to be. He has to prove her unfit...he could go for joint, but even then, it may not be in the child's best interest.

    Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010