Does anyone get their health "insurance" through New Health Choice?

My DH was on the internet looking for less expensive health insurance and now I am getting phone calls with quotes. The few calls I've gotten are from the same company just different reps. They are called New Health Choice but they say they aren't insurance but a health plan... hmmm. I am wondering if anyone as heard of them or used them would you recommended them?

momharvey

Asked by momharvey at 1:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• They are alot like Ameriplan. They are a discount plan not insurance... I personally have Ameriplan as they have a larger network and larger discounts... I actually was a member of Ameriplan and loved the savings so much I became a business owner... I can give you some details and even a phone call to explain everything if you still have questions... Just PM me...

Sabrina M Bowen
    www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Discount health plans. Don't know much about them. I would rather have insurance though. Keep searching and talking to different companies, you'll find something.

www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 5:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Dollar for dollar you are better off with Ameriplan (only $39.95 a month for medical and dental covers your entire household). With both plans it is important to keep in mind that they are not insurance. Your major medical expenses are not covered. They both offer Hospital Advocacy which can help bring down your costs, but if you are ever diagnosed with a major illness or have a long term hospital stay it will be very costly to you. I suggest looking at a HDHP (High Deductible Health Plan) or a major medical plan and use it with Ameriplan. That way you can control the costs of regular medical expenses (via Ameriplan)and still have the protection you need should a major medical event occur. I am an Ameriplan IBO and member. It's a good company. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

www.PadillaEnterprises.com

TrudyP

Answer by TrudyP at 7:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• They keep calling my phone as well, on the internet there is something on rippoff.com about them. When my husband asked for papers sent to see the catch the telemarketer got a bit aggressive and made it sound like if he didnt sign today that we couldnt get in for the great offer price and ended up hanging up on him when he said he needed to wait until he got the paper work
    We are steering clear of that buisness and would suggest the same to friends- hope all works out okay
    Anonymous

• A while back I was searching online for inexpensive healthcare coverage. I too have been constantly called by New Health ChoicePlan with Consumers. The teleperson was very insistant and talking very fast. I did ask him to send me some paper work on the group to check it out and he laughed and said that he can't because enrollment is "really over" and THIS IS A CHANCE OF A LIFETIME.
    i'M GOING TO STICK WITH iNSURANCE WHERE i KNOW WHAT MY CO PAY WILL BE AND NOT GET STUCK WITH SCAREY AMOUNTS OF OWED BILLS. He was saying that it was 80% paid. So imagin paying 20% of a hospital stay. OMG!!!
    sherry2009

Answer by sherry2009 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I work for the company the only thing on the plan that is discount is then dental and vision and question you want to know ask me and i will be completly homest with you i have nothing to hide
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009