My son is almost 2 and still don't sleep through the night

Ok, my two year old son has never slept throught the night, right now we don't have any of our stuff, the army is supposed to be bringing it to us and that's almost been 3 months now. So we have an air matteress in our room for the kids to sleep on. But everynight, about 3 or earlier. We try not putting him in bed with us, he doesn't wake up crying or anything, he just likes to feel our body heat. I've talked to our peditriction down in texas and she says to get the doctors here to check his abdoys and see if that could be the problem. Is there any suggestion on how we can get him to stay in his own bed?

proud_mommy1212

Asked by proud_mommy1212 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am probably not going to be a lot of help seeing as my son who is 2.5yrs old still gets in our bed every night pretty much. But I have 2 thoughts on this, the first being that eventually he will stop doing it and you will miss it so enjoy it now. The other is if it really bothers you and/or you hubby when he comes to your bed take him back to his own and get him resettled and then go back to bed. Every time he comes to your bed you will have to do this if you want him to understand that his bed is where he needs to sleep.
    I hope that helps some.
    MommaFinally

Answer by MommaFinally at 1:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• There are lots of books on the subject. You let them in one night and you gave him hope for it over and over again. It sound more like you can't bear to send him to his room when he just wants "warmth'...so it's sort of a detatchment thing. If you can't handle it, put a little toddler bed in your bedroom next to your bed i guess and when he's older, wean him from your room.
    Anonymous

• Haha... I need help too. My 3 yr old still sleeps in my bed. In fact she was sleeping with me each time I went into labor with her younger sibs. I think it is because she was my first, I spoiled by co-sleeping a little too long. My 2 yr old sleeps fine has no desire to seek me out, and the twins sleep mostly in the crib.. sometimes I sneak one into bed with me... Starting bad habits again. LOL
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2008