Have you ever heard of people ovulating twice a month? I think I do. How do I know for sure? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• Yes...I did. I have twins. I found out for sure when they gave me an ultra sound. There were 2 little places on my ovaries that showed where 2 eggs were released instead of 1. Every time you ovulate it will leave a little cyst and then heal. (at least that is what my Dr. told me) Thought it was pretty cool that that thought was confirmed. I used to get a period every 2 weeks as I got older.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 7:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sure,that's where you get fraternal twins from.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It's uncommon but yep some women do, especially if you have a very long cycle.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I haven't looked into it a lot but it's possible to release two eggs at the same time but not at two different points in a cycle. If you're bleeding every two weeks you may be experiencing ovulation bleeding as well as a period. But once an egg is released it secretes a hormone which stops other eggs from releasing.
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Fraternal twins are not from ovulating twice but rather two eggs being released at the same time instead of one. I do not beleive it is possible to release an egg and then a few weeks later release another without having a period. Why does the OP think she is ovulating and that may help to figure out what is going on.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010