Leaving child alone in car?

Do you ever, have you ever, do you do it often, never done it- left your child(ren) in the car while you do something like run into the gas station to pay cash, run up to the library drop box to drop off books in the slot, run back into the house cause you forgot something...
Anything? EVER?
What age is it OKAY to start doing so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• NO i never have and i never will!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• nope and i think someone who does should have to take parenting classes
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• no I never have.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have never left my younger children alone in the car, but when my SS's had reached about 10 and 12, I would leave them in the car quick run in to pay for gas. Or when I stopped at the Post office to pick up our mail I would leave them in. If it was too hot out, I would leave the car running and lock the doors as they were capable of unlocking the door for me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I remember when my 1st was born I was so affraid something would happen it wore off after a while (not saying I left her for very long) drop off a movie to the drop box doors locked yes, into the grocery store no, forgot something in the house if I knew where it was yes if I had to look for it no. No more than a minute or two.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• sorry i do when i pay gas. it's not easy taking three tots into the gasstation that can't hold anyone but the worker. if i know it's packed then they come in, but if it's the really small ones, what the point?
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• OK. Calm down. I have run into to pay for gas and back in the house when I forgot something. It was never often and only when absolutely necessary. As long as it is only for a minute and very quick, I don't see a problem. And you can bash me now if you want but once I even locked my son in the car on accident. The cops had to come to get him out. and get this I think I'm a good parent!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Nope.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes i have.
    i've left them both in the car as i run up the stairs in my apartment because i forgot something.

But i wouldn't do it anywhere else. And i don't need parenting classes. ty very much. I have taken several ECE classes as that used to be my major and i'll be getting a certificate in it soon.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have to run into the house to grab my phone or something that I forgot. I leave her strapped in and I lock the doors even though the car is in my driveway. It is never for any longer than 30 sec to a min that I am gone. Anything longer I take her out and bring her with me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2010