Help my 20month old wont eat.

My son had the stomach flu last week. He has been completely over it for a few days now but I still cant get him to eat. He has always loved his veggies and just about anything I would give to him, but now he hasnt touched his dinner in days. But hes been eating off and on so I know his stomach isn't hurting anymore, hes just being picky. What can I do. I dont want to give in and have him live on hotdogs and mac and cheese.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You feed him and tell him a story to entertain him!

Answer by older at 7:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Just don't offer him anything else. if he doesn't want to eat what you serve then save it for later and offer it to him the next time he's hungry.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Give him what you usually give him. If he doesn't eat then get him down. Repeat the process when he is showing signs of wanting to eat but do it with the same meal. NO toddler has ever starved themselves to death. Don't give in. Mine usually eats by the 2nd or 3rd time that it is offered. I have been doing this since she was 14 mos and she is now 25 mos. It works very well at my house. I am not a short order cook except for today where I couldn't satisfy her. She kept wanting more.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• He is probably scared he will throw up again or his stomach will hurt.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would just keep at it and keep trying to give him what you normally feed him. He still could be getting over feeling icky last week.
    amymarie0315

Answer by amymarie0315 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010