Question for baking moms

I made banana bread cooked it at 350 for about 1hour 40 mins! (I checked oven temp it was 350) The inside looks cooked but there are really moist bits that look like mushed bananas it can't possibly be not cooked all the way...anyway I've never made a banana bread that had this issue has any of you?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 7:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• next time mash the banannas up better and that won't happen again. i put them in the mixer with the sugar and let it go for a while and it all gets liquified and no lumps at all. and using the riper (dare i say mushy lol) banannas will work better too to avoid the chunks
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree with first poster, the uncooked looking pieces could actually just be the bananas, it sounds like you left it in there plenty long. ANyway, the softer the better I say!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Could the soft places be actual bananas? The bread should be OK, but I'd store it in the refrigerator because of the moist areas.

Answer by Bmat at 7:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Insert a pick into the middle of the loaf and pull it out. If there is any batter clinging to it, the bread is not done. If you have crumbs, that's fine. Banana bread IS a moist bread. Be sure to refrigerate it in this heat or it will turn moldy fast.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes I have. Usually happens when I bake two loaves at once with not enough space between them or when the humidity is too high and I didn't compensate for that. If you didn't let the bread cool before sliceing, and cool out of the pans as well, it can happen.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• When I insert a tooth pick it should come out clean.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster.
    amymarie0315

Answer by amymarie0315 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Honestly, it sounds to me like the moist pieces are actual bananas, not the bread itself.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010