Does anyone know a good home remedy to get rid of clogged pores?

I have them on my nose and the only way that I can get rid of them is by pinching my skin and then the junk comes out (gross I know, but that's the only way I was ever told how to do it).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• you can try swabbing the area with mouthwash before bed and use a dab of toothpaste on them.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• ...I have heard the toothpaste idea too, but that it has t obe the white paste, not a gel
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Toothpaste and alcohol is good too
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Witch hazel is a good toner and less stressful to the skin than alcohol. I make a scrub using ground up oatmeal and dried oranges (I use a coffee grinder), then a mix in a little water to make a paste and scrub my face!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It's not a home remedy but I love Proactives sulfer face mask. I have sensitive skin and it's the only thing that doesn't burn/dryout my skin. Also, when I have a chance I will lay with a very warm washcloth over my face to help open the pores before I wash my face with a cleanser and warm water. Then splash with cold water.
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Well I saw this thing Looks like one of those hair pins that is a "U" shape and your rub it over your pores ever so gently and it will extract the black head that is close to the surface. My teen daughter uses Hydrogen peroxide. She tells me it is the best way to keep her face feeling clean.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010