When do babies' teeth start coming in?

My son is 5 months. He acts like he's teething. There's tons of drool, he sticks things in his mouth, and he chews on things. So is he not teething? Or will he be getting teeth soon? I'm not really sure how that works.

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It varies. He could be though.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Between birth and 18 months. All babies drool, chew, and drool. That's not necessarily teething. Generally the younger the baby the more pain there is that they can't cope with very well. IF he were teething you'd know.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it depends on the baby but usually around 6 months. chewing on things is also a normal thing they do even if they're not teething. i always stick my finger and feel their gums to see if i feel any lumps.... that is more reliable to tell if they're teething or not. the two in the front on the bottom come in first
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• He is probably getting teeth soon. My son just started teething at 8 months and he was late compared to my daughter. It really just depends on the child.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It really just depends on the baby. My oldest got his first teeth when he was like 6 months old. My youngest had teeth when he was 3 months old, so it all depends on the baby. It's very possible that he could be getting teeth.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• my five month old is starting to get her teeth so be careful they LOVE to bite
    Skittlez62288

Answer by Skittlez62288 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• All babies are different. My daughter is 10 months and currently has 6 teeth. She got her first 2 around 7 months. All babies are different, some get their teeth really early, others get teeth closer to a year. However, they 'teeth' for a long time with the drooling, gnawing on things etc but that doesn't mean teeth are coming in right away, it could take awhile.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• my daughter is 5 months old too and her first tooth just broke threw her gum just a little bit! so yes he could be teething!! oh if he is get those teething tablets they were a life saver!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Anywhere from 2 to 18 months. lol. He sounds like he is though :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010