Mind if I vent here?

Okay. Sunday my husband and I had a homecoming barbecue for our daughter which turned out great! It was a great turn out, alot of our friends and family came and it was a nice gathering. So a few days later I posted a general statement on facebook which had nothing to do with Sunday. I said, "I need to learn to not care what people think." The reason I posted it was because of something that happened to me YESTERDAY not SUnday but my mom took it as me giving everyone the finger who came to the barbecue. So am I in the wrong for posting something like that on facebook or should I just kept it to myself for my mom's sake? I swear she can't handle it whenever I post something unpleasant or something she doesn't like. It's like I'm supposed to put a plastic smile on my damn face all the time.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 8:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't be fake to anyone, don't hide your feelings for anyone. Just let it go. Your mom can believe whatever she wants. If people ask you then you tell them it had no relation to the BBQ on Sunday. You share your feelings how you feel is right and everyone else can deal with it. Don't hide for anyone or be fake, like I said, because then you're only hurting yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Actually what I posted was, "Sometimes I need to learn how to say 'Who gives a crap?". and not worry about what everyone thinks. Sometimes they don't think anything."
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• wow, she must not have enough stress in her life if that's what bothers her.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Girl, really, don't bother w it. Its FB for goodness sake, and YOU know it had nothing to do w the gathering. Maybe your mom was or knows people @ the BBQ who were up to no good tho...
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 9:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• speak ur mind who cars wat ur mom thinks she just has to much free time and needs something to complain about!!! i swear my mom can always find something to be mad about!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That's the thing with FB...people who are your friends can take what you post any which way they like! Even when you mean things as a general statement, some take it personal. I think it's their problem but it's out there in FBland for anyone to read whatever into it. Tell your mom it's not anything to do with the party and leave it alone. If she insists on pushing the issue then tell her you will de-friend her! Good luck momma!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Maybe you should comment on your own post & say something like "Monday was a pain in the butt day" Just to clarify that you were not talking about anyone at the BBQ. Your mom could just be totally over analyzing your post though. Facebook can be harmful. I'm noticing that people are always getting offended with posts & think that certain posts are directed towards them. I am getting so sick of facebook drama...lol. I'm noticing it causes a lot of problems.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• lol she must have done something she felt guilty about. ignore her...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010