Should I be worried?

My s/o and I have never really used condoms, I have been on bc for over 2 years. Lately I have not been taking my pill at the same time everyday, and we have had unprotected sex twice in the past week. What are the chances I may get pregnant? I am on Ortho Tricyclen Lo which is a low dose bc, but not a mini pill.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As I'm sure you've been told a million times...anytime you have sex, you risk getting pregnant. Sorry hun but its sounds like you're gonna have to wait it out
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 9:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it could happen :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 9:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• And this includes w or w out birth control :) you'd be surprised by how often ladies get preggo while on the pill
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 9:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would call your OB/Gyn. If you think there is the slight possibility I would be afraid to take the BC, if I were you.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You take it every day but not always at the same time?
    I would think chances are really slim of getting pregnant from that...IF thats the case..but hey..nothing is 100% guaranteed!
    If you have been missing a day here and there..that would be different...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Well then you would be thinking wrong Kimberly. The package for the low dose ones clearly states that to be fully effective it needs to be taken within an hour of the same time every day. Any time you have sex you risk getting pregnant, but at this point all you can do is wait until you miss your period and take a pregnancy test.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010