Do you have or have you had a Sugar Glider?

We were looking into maybe getting a Sugar glider! I was wondering if anyone has had one or has one. How are they as pets? Do they smell? Do they shed? Do they eat alot? Are they easy to take care of?

lil_Army_Wife05

Asked by lil_Army_Wife05 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you can find info on line about how to care for them-we talked about getting a pair for Christmas but decided against it because we were moving and we still have a dog...
    research the cage- from what I read they need a kind of large cage and it needs to have a coating or not have it- I can't remember which and you need to research their diets too. Also, if I remember right-they do better in pairs than alone and want/need attention if you want them to be nice :)
    I guess they can live a long time if taken care of properly
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have one, they only smell if u dont change the cage every other day, they dont eat alot tho the have a special deit, They are real sweet but expecive, mine was 200 alone, But we love him! They need lots of attention or they get deressed and mean! I recomend getting a young one! Older ones you dont know how they are gonna act, young u can train!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i took care of one when i was a zookeeper. keep in mind they are nocturnal, so imo that is not too great of a pet. other than that they're not stinky or anything. they eat normal things.... fruits, bugs (meal worms, crickets). you do have to check and see if they are legal where you live though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• nope,illegal here

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Do they do okay with other animals in the house? We have a dog that is an inside dog.
    lil_Army_Wife05

Comment by lil_Army_Wife05 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010