Divorce and Step Children

Me and my husband have been in counseling for two years trying to work on our marriage and back in May I told him I could not do this anymore. We had tried and there were some things I was not going to live with ( he has been abusive )
So anyways, I told him he needed to have his daughter come for the summer after he had a place of his own. He did not do so and now she is here. He sees her for two hours in the morning and then goes to work and comes home after she is asleep. He will NOT leave and now I feel like I am babysitting. She is a teenager and runs all over me. He knew we are heading for divorce and had her come anyways instead of him moving out and having her come to his new home. I have got to do hardly anything with my little one, because I am on teen patrol while he is ignoring the fact we are divorcing and he is at work. My hair is falling out, I can't sleep, what do I do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• So, he dropped your step daughter off at your house to visit for a bit & now he has left her there? And y'all are getting a divorce? Just trying to clarify...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• He's obviously not considerate of you. She'd be left home alone if he had his own place anyway, so I don't see why you're responsible for her. Lock up your valuables, and take your little one out. Neither one of them respect you, so eff em imo. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sounds like a tough situation. If it were me..I'd give him warning the night before..say hey, I've got stuff to do you need to find care for your daughter if she can't be left there alone. And just leave. If she is a young teen and youre really concerned with her safety of being left alone...then drive her to his job and drop her off to him and take off. Maybe he'll get the hint.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• So he's not looking after his daughter and she's your step daughter? Where's here mother?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010