Should I bother with a pregnancy test?

I have a pregnancy test but I don't want to waste it.

My husband is in the military and we hadn't seen eachother in 6 months. He was able to come home for a week and then he went out again. While he was here I got my period for a few days. We were able to make love the day it ended and then the next day he had to leave. We did the pull out method because condoms irritate and hurt me and I'm allergic to birth control pills.

My period was due around June 20th. It was at the end of May that he was here. I still haven't gotten my period but it's hardly ever on time anyway. I'm debating if I should use the test now or wait another week or two.

Asked by amethystrse at 11:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't have regular cycles either. I would go and get a blood test done. I just had to do the same thing and found out I am 5 weeks pregnant. Although if you don't want to go and ahve the blood test than yea I would wait another week or two. Just remember, because of your cycles being irregular a hpt may not be accurate.

Answer by glynnbaby41608 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Do you get military health benifits from him? See your Dr. for a blood test. I hope you get the news you want.

Answer by vbruno at 11:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I would wait at least another week or two. If your cycles are not usualy regualr anyway stress can make you skip or be late. When I started to realize I was pregnant not only did I skip my cycle but i also has one or two mild cramps a day for like 7 days with no other menstrual symptoms... It's different for everyone though.

Answer by RaeMi at 12:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2008