baby food stages...

Okay so my twins are now eating stage 2 baby food and I am wondering when it is okay for stage 3. We pretty much passed up stage one and so I am not knowing when stage 3 comes into play. They eat the toast things and arrow root cookies and the little stars, cheerios, and the freeze dried yogurt bites *they love those!* They are 7 months old. They do awesome with everything else so far.

twindelight

Asked by twindelight at 1:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow. My son had just started stage one at that age. lol
    If they can eat all that just fine, stage 3 should be fine too. As long as they can chew they can eat stage 3. They just have small chunks of pasta, veggies, and meat intead of being all pureed. If anything just buy like 4 jars of it and see how they do.
    ilovemyjoes

Answer by ilovemyjoes at 2:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My DD was eating all that same stuff and when I tried to give her stage 3 she wouldn't touch it. I just continued with the stage two food and small bites of table food until she was ready to just eat what I ate. I stopped the baby food all together at around 9 months old, she is one now. I think I just donated my stage 3 food to my church. (smile) Good Luck
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My twins ate stage 2 foods till they were 8 months then on to stage 3. As long as you notice them trying to chew then they are probably ready. You can always switch back if you need to.
    twinsmom1107

Answer by twinsmom1107 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would say she is ready for for stage 3.....especially if she is eating the cookies and cheerios just fine. It has been many years since I have had to buy baby food (thank God!) but if I remember correctly, stage 3 just has small chunks that will actually dissolve after she tosses it around her mouth.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2008