Do you think it's bad to give in to sweet cravings?

I am exceptionally healthy, and trying to keep eating really healthy through my pregnancy - but I keep getting massive cravings for doughnuts and candy. What is your opinion, is it okay to indulge sometimes or do you think biting your tongue and resisting is better?

reithegenki

Asked by reithegenki at 9:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If its bad to give in to cravings of sweets...THEN I NEED TO BE GROUNDED FOR LIFE!!! LOL
    33 weeks pregnant today with #3. And I'm telling you..if I had a gigantic bag of starburst right now...I'm talking monstrous..like 1000 or something..I would eat every single one!!! LOL
    I wanttttttttt some Starburstttttttttt!!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I gave in a few times to jelly donuts.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i think you should indulge twice a week. and then exercise a little the next day.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• moderation is key. everyone deserves a sweet treat once in a while.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Pregnant or not, I give in whenever I have the urge. I run after babies so much I am not concerned about my weight.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• eat it! eat it! u know u want to!! lol i ate everything donuts are the best oh so good!! a few sweet every now and then wont hurt u! sure maybe u will gain a few extra pounds but u can work it off running after the baby later! no big deal! i gained 59 pounds, yes i was a whale, and i lost it all in 3 months! so bring on the sweets girl!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Eat the sweets! A little never hurt anyone. And if you're healthy anyway, all that weight will come off after the baby.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think giving in occasionally is fine. I have no will power so giving in would be bad for me lol.
    ilovemykids323

Answer by ilovemykids323 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have done my fair share of giving in....I say go for it...unless you have GD that is...
    Also, if you've already gone over you daily sugar rush and are still craving some, aim for fruit...that's what I've been doing since I have been having a little ice cream sandwich almost everyday and I'll be craving more more more, so I'll eat grapes or plums and it helps.
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I gave in! And it was good. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2010