WHEN SHOULD I START BUYING BABY STUFF?? LATER OR NOW?? WHAT DO I GET??

IM 16 WEEKS. TWO OF EVERYTHING SINCE IM HAVING TWINS.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 9:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wow! Congrats! I'd do some scouting now. Start looking at different options. A lot of baby stuff you can get second hand for soooo much cheaper. Plus, most baby stuff is meant to be washed so it cleans up nicely (swings, bouncers, etc. usually have a lining that can go in the wash). You'll also get a lot of stuff at your shower, so you don't want to go crazy now (plus, everyone tends to buy in newborn to 3 mo. sizes which are outgrown really quickly and they typically live in onesies and sleepers at that age anyway). You'll want a pack n play x2 (with a bassinet that vibrates), diapers, wipes, receiving blankets, bottles, breast pump (if you're breast feeding), swing (maybe two)...I LOVE MY GRACO SWEETPEACE...IT FITS THE CARSEAT SO WHEN BABY FALLS ASLEEP IN THE CAR, YOU CAN JUST POP THEM INTO THE SWING, car seat Graco Snug Ride, double stroller (I like my Graco Duoglider...again...fits the carseat), burp clothes
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Just shop a little at a time all through your pregnancy so your not overwhelmed at the end
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Well if you are giong to find out what you are having i would atleast wait utnil then. Then it depends if you are having baby showers. I tried to wait until mine were done but i had a few that were pretty late so i had to get the stuff before then. DIdn't like waiting that long lol. :)

you need the basics for sure.

crib
    carseat
    changing table
    high chairs
    diapers
    clothes
    bottles
    bottle warmer is nice esp. if you are bf and need to warm up milk that was in the fridge or freezer
    hm... a stroller is nice probably a double one for you.
    ilovemykids323

Answer by ilovemykids323 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We always had a "rule" that we didn't buy anything untill you hit the 3 -3 1/2 month mark. After that we bought all kinds of things but until we knew if the baby was a boy or a girl we bought nutral colors.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Personally me...and this is just my opinion. I would be shopping a little now. You can find cribs. I would be shopping yard sells and consignment shops. I would not care if they matched (but that is just me) Then you could get the bedding later. As far as clothes go yellow and green are gender neutral. People are prepared for children all the time without knowing what they are having. I would stock up on bottles, pacifiers, diapers, and bath stuff now. You can always take a pack of diapers back if they out grow them before you use them. Car seats are a must. Good luck with twins. And butterflyblue, I completely understand your pain. I was pregnant two years ago and lost the baby. We had already purchased a van (had other kids too) I hated getting in that thing. Tore me up every time, but I am preggo again and at 11 wks shopping! I never have learned. Like the planning and it keeps my mind off of it.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I found out the gender at 16 weeks, so that's when I started looking for things. Are you having a baby shower? If you are, I'd hold off on getting too many clothes/outfits because that's the most common thing you'll get, but you can always get a few and maybe even pick out some "coming home" outfits. I'm not 22 weeks along, and just this past week, I got the car seat and a pack n play(that's going to be our crib since we have limited space). I know that at my shower nobody will be spending more than say $40 so on my registry I put a diaper genie, newborn and size 1 diapers, onesies size 3-6 months and up(it's better to have outfits since they grow so quickly), receiving blankets, burp cloths, baby bath tub, water-proof mattress pads, sheets for the pack n play/crib, breast pump, diaper bag, etc. I suggest going to walmart.com and looking at the things in the baby section...you'll find almost everything there.
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• BUT FOR WHAT?? I DONT KNOW THE SEX YET.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i'd wait until you're past the danger zone of about 30 weeks.If something happened-knock on wood- you'd feel really bad about the stuff. I speak from experience. We bought all our stuff really early and we lost our girl to stillbirth. Coming home to all that stuff made me realy sad.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• save the big stuff for the baby shower! i just bought clothes and other small things i wanted! but u can register for stuff if u havent already! that was a lot of fun!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Wait until after your shower
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010