Teething question, 16mo ds...

My son is teething and its HORRIBLE! He is getting his back molars on the bottom, the top ones came out about a month or so ago and that was horrible too but he seems to be so much fussier this time but probably because he's so much more vocal now! anyways, my question is did any of your kids get their molars before their canines/eye teeth? he has the four front ones on top and bottom and now has the back molars but no eye teeth so he has big gaps! It looks kinda funny, my dd's never did this they both got front four then eye teeth and several months later got molars.

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 9:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That is the normal teething pattern. They get the front 8 first, then the 4 molars, and then the canines, and then the back molars. Usually i should say. Some vary a little.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• really? so my dd's were the weird ones?! lol
    DreainCO

Comment by DreainCO (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My son is 14 months and has his 4 top and 4 bottom and are now getting his 4 molars. So i would say its pretty normal, however my son has never really been fussy when getting his teeth so i dont have any advise
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 8:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My daughter is the same way. She is 22 months and still just has those 8 teeth - top and bottom front and the four molars with big gaps between. The two next to the front teeth have been trying to come in for weeks. I can see them right under the skin, but they won't break through.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My dd is cutting all four molars now too. A washcloth with ice inside saves me!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Teething Tablets help...My daughters teeth are coming in the same way.
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think both my kids had back molars before eye teeth. Frozen washcloths and baby oragel worked miracles for us!
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2010