What baby names did you or your S/O or hubby veto right away!?

When my Hubby and I started choosing names we really olny discussed boys names cause we chose family names for a girl. Well my Hubby is very into Rock/Metal music which prompted his choosing of the name Pepper after Pepper Keenan! Needless to say I had to say a big fat NO! There was no way I could have a child of mine named Pepper, and on top of that my mom and my hubby both used to have a dog named Pepper!!

Nolas.Mommy

Asked by Nolas.Mommy at 2:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, Pepper is kind of a pet name, NOT the name for a child. Kind of like Piper or Ginger. Whatever, if you name your kid that, that's fine...but weird.

My boyfriend and I were actually always set on Jossalyn. There wasn't a discussion when we found out I was pregnant, it was either going to be Jossalyn or Aidan...and we're getting our Jossalyn, so we're happy ^.^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Ok this one's weird, but for a girl - for some reason - I really liked Avenue..... I know it's strange but it's got a nice kinda ring to it! :-)
    Juliebee81

Answer by Juliebee81 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• DH liked the name Twilight for a girl and Tilman for a boy! Nope!!!
    GIswife

Answer by GIswife at 2:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I vetoed Jesse for a boy (I just don't like it!) and he immediately vetoed Marcail. Oh well.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• oh i like twilight!!!!... my hubby doesnt like common names so he told me no on all those.... we have our son damien and we are still debating on Keagon or Kaedon Ray for our next one
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My husband vetoed almost every name I came up with, and I felt much the same about his choices. He likes "unique" (you know, like everyone else) names and I find those irritating in the extreme. I like old fashioned and biblical names. He thinks they're plain and boring.

Examples: He vetoed Adam, which was my favorite name
    I vetoed Brayden or anything that rhymed with it.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• DH liked Lena. I didnt.
    We had our daughters name picked before I even got pregnant. We never even discussed boys names because we both just knew we would have a little girl.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my husbands a goob (but i love him anyway). i vetoed danelle ann for a girl.

btw-our last name is hammer. dannelle ann hammer.
    sounds like "the nail and hammer".

we have a son that everyone has nicknamed "tack", because he is a "little hammer". geez....
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Everything traditional, like Brittany or Tiffany or Josh or Michael you know, common names.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My hubby wanted to name our youngest son, Sampson and I wanted to name him Joshua. We compromised on Alexander.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 3:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008