Is getting married at 18 too young?

my dd has met this boy who lives in the uk, she is planning on getting married and moving there. They have been dating for three years. Do you think they are too youg?

cafemom45

Asked by cafemom45 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• IMPO? Yes. You change so much between 18 and 23 that you can become two totally different and incompatible people in that time. You may grow together but you may just as easily 'out grow' the other.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• im sure sometimes it works out but personally i think its too young because both people are still going to change as people so much in the comming years. they are not even really adults yet.
    and woah, moving to the UK. thats crazy.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It is very young. This question is hard for me to answer. I would have to know them.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I know at least ten couples that met in highschool and are still happily married.

I married at nineteen and was divorced two weeks later.

I think it has to do with the people.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i think it depends on the maturity of the person. You can be 45 and not be able to make the right choice in marriage.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I got married young and I regretted it. I changed so much during my 20's and my ex husband was older and he didn't like the changes.
    As but mommie said--some people grow with each other, but others do not.
    I Do think 18 is too young, but at 18 she is old enough to make her own choices.
    Good luck
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• IMO I wouldent do it, i was 18 when i got preg and divorced by 20....it was a big mistake
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes, she is too young
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 10:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It's up to her. I'm getting married in 3 weeks and I'm only 20 [fiance is 22 in december] We have been together since I was 14. Some people really do find love young. Maybe I'm stupid and naive but I can't imagine my life without my fiance.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No I have been with my husband since I was 18 and we are doing great. We got married 1 year after we met and have been married for 4 years and together for 5 this aug
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2010