Do any moms have any advise for treating my sons skin...he has eczema and we've eliminated alot of foods and moisturize him but can't seem to get rid of all of it. He"s never responded too well to steroid creams/sprays.

sirenite

Asked by sirenite at 10:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cortisone 10 is working well for my son right now. When he was a baby, we used Elidel. His eczema went into remission for several years and has just now reappeared at age 5.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have severe adult eczema and the best thing I've found is ingestion of benadryl plus sea salt baths, plus eliminating wheat and dairy. I don't know how old your son is, but incorporating these steps may help.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I know no one wants to hear this but eczema like that has been linked to vaccines... My sister dealt with it really bad as a child as well. It was on her feet, to the point where she couldn't walk or they would bleed... She used A&D ointment and then would wrap them in cotton over night... Unfortunately though if this is an adverse reaction to something he may need to simply grow out of it. I'll look to see if I can find any other options.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• How about adding some natural oils in his diet.

LIke extra oil on is pasta, and natural peanut butter has good healthy oil.

Would it help to have him eat yogurt? I know this staves off some intruders for digestion purposes, don't know about exzema.....
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have tried all sorts of prescription creams and expensive moisturizers for my son over the past few years. One night, I just grabbed the Vaseline and slathered him with it. It was amazing. I could not believe it. After years of spending all sorts of money on expensive medications and lotions, something as cheap as Vaseline made it practically disappear within a day or two. I just keep putting it on the prone areas after a bath.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• thank you ladies...i really appreciate the help.
    sirenite

Comment by sirenite (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• MY SON SKIN IS BAD WELL AND I USE A COUPLE OF CREAMS FOR HIM BECAUSE ITS REALLY BAD ON HIS FACE SO HE CANT USE THE CREAM HIS DOCTOR PRESCRIBED SO INSTEAD I USE THIS OVER THE COUNTER BENEDRYL CREAM ITS FOR BUG BITES AND THING BUT I STOPS THE ITCHIN AND I WOULD MIX THAT UP WITH A LITTLE EUCERIN LOTION TO HELP CLEAR IT UP IT WORKS REALLY WELL FOR HIM AND I ALSO DO IT MOSTLY AFTER A BATH
    Ashley_Danielle

Answer by Ashley_Danielle at 10:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• have yoy switched to chemical free cleaners, dye/free scent free detergent and soap?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• California baby's calendula lotion, it was the only thing that worked on my son's skin
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I will tell you what my cousin and I both swear by - creamy vaseline. I don't even buy the vaseline brand, I buy the $1 creamy petroleum jelly at wal-mart. That works better than any prescription we've used.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010