Does life of a teenager get any easier?

My teenager is very trying and is trying to act like she is greown and no longer has to listen. Does it get any easier?

Sassysab28

Asked by Sassysab28 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Sure, when they are 21
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• How old is she?
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I am told it gets easier, but I am dealing with a know it all snot nosed 14 yr old boy. I am ready to strangle him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes it does, hang in there the worst is almost over.

Answer by older at 11:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It does, my son is 15 and we went through alot between 13 - 14...stay consistent and hold her accountable. Don't allow the behavior, tell her when she's being rude and walk away until she can speak to you like an adult if she wants to act like one or send her to her room - whatever to show her you are not accepting it and its not okay. It took me a few years to get there but it works and my son is much better now. He still thinks he's smarter than me - which in some cases he probably is, but life he isn't and I do remind him of this from time to time, and 9 out of 10 times he comes back and tells me I was right.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes, it is funny .We send them away to college once they become easy but it seems if we were really smart we would send them away during the attitude years and have them come back when they are easy LOL.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• It gets better, I promise! I really struggled with my son between 13 and 15 ... now at 17, he's starting to come around. Yep, it get easier.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I'm going through tough times right now with my 14 year old daughter. Nothing horrible - she's just bratty and mean sometimes. But then she will have moments of sweetness. It's crazy!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• YEA AND NO... MOST OF THE TIME YES BUT U STILL HAVE SOME ISSUES TO DEAL WITH.. BUT THE EASY PART IS UCAN LEAVE WHEN U WANT AND DO WHAT U HAVE TO WITH OUT WORRYING TO GET HOME FOR THE BABYSITTER... THATS THE NICE THING. WHEN I CHECK UP ON THEM JUST HAVE TO CALL HOME.
    JULIE IMAEEYORELUVA
    imaeeyoreluva

Answer by imaeeyoreluva at 9:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes, remember we all were teens at one time.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 1:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2010