Any one want a perfectly good 18 year old girl?

I can not think of one single reason not to strangle her. I spent the day with her, she is very needy now right before (2 weeks who's counting?) before college. So we went to her dr. appt shopping for her I spent well over $400 bucks on stuff or her dorm.
And then when we get home she tells me why and how she doesn't want to go to College. What she really doesn't want to do is leave her boyfriend home. Grrr, he has no job and is not going to college. He is a very nice young man. I do love him, however she has a bright future.
Ok after all this vent... I am drinking a huge glass of pink wine. Any one wanna join me? Or I will trade you say two toddlers for her. That may be a fair trade?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think its good that your forcing her to go to college. im with you on that one. college is necessary and shes too young to be stuck on a boy and miss out on such a great part of her life over it.
    im not with you on the tattoo. i love tattoos. i have 6. my mom paid for all of them except one. she took me for my first one on my 17th birthday, and my second on my 18th birthday. it was fun. its art. i love to express myself and it is my body. IMO maybe you should reconsider letting her get a tasteful not too big tattoo. it could be a nice experience for you and maybe brighten her spirits before she goes to college cause wether shes being stupid or not, when you think your in love with a boy, its not that easy to just get up and leave.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You will miss her like crazy when she's gone.

Cheers.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I could use the help but sounds like the wine would be a better deal :op
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• So been there done that. Take a deep breath and let it go slowly. Hopefully, she will get on campus and soon get involved with new friends. After dealing with my 7 yr old granddaughter who is going on 25 I'm having a Cruzan and diet...it may even be take a shot time later..lol.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• so is she gonna go to college or not?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Oh she is going, not soon enough. She is just telling me how I am controlling her life by making her go to college. The day started off by her telling me she wanted a tattoo. And how I should support her decision to get one. I said go and get one. I will never pay for it.
    mmmegan38

Comment by mmmegan38 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I'll trade her for my 5 yr old accident waiting to happen boy who argues about everything. It's so much fun I might actually look forward to his teen years (if I'm not in jail for strangling his older brother.)

Ah, young love. I cannot imagine how hard it is. My kids don't idolize tatoos, probably because their grandfather got one in Auschwitz. But I would tell her that you do support her getting one, it just cannot be financially unless she wants to take back all the stuff that you got for her dorm. And since she is going to use that room, it would look much nicer with the stuff in it. She probably has a major case of cold feet.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My sister is going through this with her daughter and bf, it is a tough situation. But as for the trade gladly but I only have a moody 16yo boy to offer, sorry. Good Luck!
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 12:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2010