Going away for a long weekend

Ok for all you 1st time parents out there like I am...Would you go away for a long weekend and leave your 1+ year old home with your in bro & sis -in -law? We have a chance to get away in September leave on a Thursday and come home Sunday. We are only like 3-4 hours away. Some people think I am nuts for doing this. Hey we all need some alone time away from our children correct?

Please let me know what you think...It's not like we go every weekend away and expect people to watch him.

becbec71705

Asked by becbec71705 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you trust them with your baby, then go for it! You are right, we all need time away especially to reconnect with our mates!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• GO FOR IT! WHAT IS GOOD FOR MAMA IS GOOD FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If you're comfortable with it, then go for it. Nothing wrong with wanting some couple time.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i have left my son at that age with my mother for 2 days.
    as long as you trust them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. I have left my children several times over the weekend with family members, and once for a weekend with a babysitter. The first time I did it, my younger child was one and a half. They have always enjoyed weekends away from me. We all need a vacation sometimes.
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 10:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Thank you very much ladies!!!!!!!!!!! I always new I coud find some support in here..
    becbec71705

Comment by becbec71705 (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Go and have a good time!!! You wouldn't be leaving the baby with them if they weren't responsible. Couples NEED to get away and have some time away from the kids.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• date night is one thing but a night away no I wouldn't do that w/ a child that young. I have 3 children
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We've left our daughter with my parents for a weekend a couple of times. As a matter of fact, we're planning a weekend get away without DD next month. Just because you have a child doesn't mean you're no longer an individual or that you and your SO stop being a couple. Go and have a great time!
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 2:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010