Anyone else baby start spitting up all the sudden?

My baby turns 4 months old tomorrow. She started spitting up after each feeding a couple weeks ago. She is on Gerber Good Start the orange can. It is strange for a baby to start spitting up all the sudden. My son always spit up, he was also on Good Start. Did you baby just start spitting up one day? She eats 6 ozs every 4 hours. She has been eating this amount for about 2 months. We try to stop at 4, and she wants more. We burp her during and after feeding. Most of the time it is an hour or so after her feeding she spits up. Her 4 month check up is tomorrow and I will bring this up her Dr., just wanted to see what other moms experience with the matter. Thanks!

queen.bee

Asked by queen.bee at 10:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is 3 months and 3 weeks and she just started spitting up a ton also. She's breastfed so not sure why, but she does have all the other signs of teething (drooling like mad and chewing on her hands) so I'm thinking it's related to that. Our ped at her last checkup said she may be in the beggining stages of teething, too.
    JookyMama

Answer by JookyMama at 1:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• She is probably just teething. Sometimes the extra saliva can cause a little stomach upset.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My son started doing the same thing at 4 months... My mom who has been a nurse for about 17 years told me it's probably cause he was teething... It lasted for a little while and now he doesn't do it at all.... My son drools soooooo bad! haha and his hands are his favorite thing to chew on... lol
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• She has been drooling and gnawing on her hands for a month or so also. Thank you for your reply.
    queen.bee

Comment by queen.bee (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• my baby did she developed acid reflux at about 3mnths and it was all of a sudden so she uses nutramigen ar works well plus she takes reglan and zantac
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010