Did you hear?

Anne Rice "Quit" Christianity...

Your thoughts?

**Link below!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• SabrinaMBowen

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That is her choice. That is what makes America so great. You have the freedom to choose whatever Religion suits you and to leave that religion at anytime if you no longer believe in their teachings
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It's hard to be a Christian. It sure as heck ain't easy. I believe in a God I can't prove, a book that's been poorly translated, and a spirit I can't see, while surrounded by people who are yelling their own versions of the truth.

If I've had one crisis of faith, I've had dozens.

Will I ever quit? I guess since I've given up darkening the doorways of churches, some would say I already have, but I believe in God, the Bible, and Jesus.

I don't believe in the church is what God intended anymore.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That's on her...She's gonna miss out..She may come back later...Most do...We shall see...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• She has that freedom. I like what lovingangels said. I used to agree with how she felt about church till I started going to the 1st Bikers Church :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• From what I've read it's not that she quit being a Christian or Christianity per say, it's more that she has moved away from the "organized religion" or church aspect of it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• She isn't really "quitting" anything, she is merely disassociating herself from the formal title of "Christianity" and whatever negativity goes with it, but especially those that she feels give Christianity and Christians a bad name.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Lovinangels,   I don't agree with your beliefs but that was a good answer.  I voted you up.

Now who the hell is Anne Rice?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree with Kristi... I don't believe that she is leaving or stop believing as a Christian, I believe she is actually tired of the whole
    Organized aspect of it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• SHe quit Christianity, but she still loves Jesus... it is the religion, not the faith that led her away.. and I say, good for her and I wish her the best...

Beeky, Anne Rice wrote Interview with the Vampire
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2010