How can I get my laundry to smell good?

I use Gain powder detergent and dryer sheets, and occasionally fabric softner, but my laundry never has a clean, fresh smell.

queen.bee

Asked by queen.bee at 10:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• you can try either a cup of vinegar in your wash or a 1/2 cup of borax to your wash...
    Also try 1/2 cup of baking soda and let stand in wash when full of water for 10 minutes before
    allowing wash cycle to complete
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Could it be that you have hard water? and that is why your clothes don't smell fresh?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• thats' what i use...wash 2x or dont wait so long to wash...put dryer sheet in the wash and dryer...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Use a cup of vinegar to each load. It may be that your washer itself is smelly. The vinegar smell will not stay on the clothes and any odor that is in the clothes themselves will be gone.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I use Tide "Clean Linen" and Liquid Downy in the same scent. My laundry always smells fresh.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it may be your washer. run it empty with some vinegar or bleach in it. then do your laundry.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It could be your washing machine. You can buy washing machine cleaner at most stores. I know that Tide makes it, but there are also other brands. You should clean your washing machine at least once a month with a washing machine cleaner, especially if you have a front load machine. If you don't, then mold will build up in areas where you can't see it. The smell might be mold growing somewhere in your machine.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You may try googling for a natural recipe mixture to run through your washer to clean and deodorize it. Also, I use Snuggle Pomegranate and I love it. I'm doing laundry right now and the whole house smells delicious!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It's all about the fabric softener, lol. Try Snuggle Exhilarations. They leave your laundry smelling sooo good. I love them!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Thank ladies for the advice
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2010