Do you use crib bumpers?

So I know people are cutting down on usen crib bumpers due to the suffocation risk (SIDS)

But I assume it's safe enough since they are still being sold with crib bedding sets.

Whats everyones opinions?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 10:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did not use them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I did and still do use them. They're great for keeping little hands and feet inside the cribs slats in the middle of the night. It has also been a life-saver in the binky-dropping department.. my LO always spits out her binky when she's fast asleep and when we weren't using the bumper she'd wake up screaming and I'd have to move the crib every which way to try to find the darn thing.. add a crib bumper and voila! No more disappearing bink! :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I didn't use the for either child. It wasn't worth the risk.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i use them my pedi says that if the baby can turn its head from left to right it knows to turn its head when it cant breathe
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Also! If you're worried about the risks of suffocation but you still want that barrier, they do sell "breathable" crib bumpers- they're not very expensive either- check them out at Toys R Us or Target!
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/184-9407692-9306953?asin=B001RMQZ8G&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B001RMQZ8G&CPNG=home&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• yeah sure they sell them in those sets but they also sell cute pillows and those thick comforters in the baby sets too. Wouldn't put those where my child sleeps. if u really want one look into those breathable ones. And know that once the child starts crawling you have to get rid of the bully ones anyway because baby can use them to crawl out of a crib.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I never used them.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2010