Verizon Contract Canceled

I canceled my wireless account and went with another company...Verizon told me they couldn't cancel it as of today only at the end of the billing cycle. I asked why and she said that it would cost more if she cut me off today and prorated the month instead of going through the entire month and being charged the usual amount. Does this make sense to anyone?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, but if it saves you money I would go with it.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it's just their way of getting your money. we canceled ours and they charged us $800 dollars. $400 per line.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Nope. Sounds like a load of crap to me. Prorating is just that -- a percentage of what you would normally owe. If I were you I would call back and ask for a supervisor tomorrow. Also, always make sure you write down the date and time and who you talked to. In situations like this where charges are likely to arise from nothing that information can really come in handy.
    EthansMom519

Answer by EthansMom519 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• They are always trying to get money.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• you have to really careful out there. Thre are some smart brokeage and mortgagee fols laid off then they find new way of making money. Don't let them get to you.
    HelloPena

Answer by HelloPena at 5:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• She lied. You should have asked to speak with her supervisor.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• ok I called again and this person said that the request has already been put through and the final bill that I have right now is all I'll pay as long as I don't use anymore of my phone...i turned my phone off and i got the name and extension of this person i spoke too..we'll see what happens.
    aidansmom111804

Comment by aidansmom111804 (original poster) at 7:47 AM on Jul. 30, 2010